Catamarans are some of the most interesting boats to roam the oceans. They are not only considered great looking vessels with plenty of space for utmost comfort, but also fast boats that you can use in races. Catamarans are categorized as multihulls and offer unique design features. Several lists have been compiled to categorize the best catamarans every year. Here are some of the fastest cruising catamarans of 2020:
- The XCS is a very unique catamaran designed by the French Beneteau Group. This new boat is meant to attract younger customers in comparison to its predecessor, the Lagoon yacht. This is one of the fastest catamarans of 2020 as it is a lightweight construction with improved sailing experience. This catamaran ranges from 38 to 48 feet long.
- The Privilege Signature 510 is another fast cruising catamaran, recently acquired by the German Hanse Group. It is an elegant and sportive design with an arched coach roof. It features a galley, a living area, a carbon mast, and a very appealing exterior. This catamaran costs 995,000 euros.
- The Gunboat 68 is a lightweight boat that is suitable for many sailing conditions. This multihull sailboat has high-aspect straight daggerboards, strong bows that manage to cut through waves and retractable rudders. It also features different layouts that can house 4, 5, or even 6 cabins. The interior of the boat is a pure reflection of the external shape of the hull. All in all, this is an ergonomic design that aims to be flexible and easy to use by anyone on board. This catamaran costs 5.5 million euros.
- The Astus 20.5 is a minimal coastal cruiser, also considered as one of the fastest cruising catamarans of 2020. Although it is a small boat, it can house 4 people inside its interior. The boat also features a galley. Its overall cost is 35.000 euros.
- The Manta 42 is an American catamaran designed by Eric Lrouge, a French naval architect. It features high bows and a large arched forward crossbeam. It costs about 300.000 euros. This catamaran also offers ample interior space in addition to a good sail area to displacement ratio. Some versions of this boat include stub keels while others have daggerboards. Its structure has been upgraded to hold solar panels, wind vanes, or even small gardens.
These are the top five fastest cruising catamarans of 2020. However, other impressive cruising multihulls include the Dolphin 42, Privilege 435, Fountaine Pajot Belize 43, Nautitech 44, Lagoon 440, Voyage 44, Outremer 45, Prout 45 and Leopard 45. Explore their features and more catamaran characteristics, keeping also a full record and management of your boating life with TheBoatApp.